Ecosystems & Water
- Everything is interconnected: Earth is a complex set of ecosystems that include living and nonliving things. What happens in one part of the ecosystem impacts the others.
- Sea Levels are rising: Coastlines are flooding, rivers are overflowing, and an increasing number of communities are forced to relocate.
- We’re running out of drinking-water: Scientists estimate that we will suffer severe drinking water shortages by 2050.
Consumption & Waste
- Plastics: Plastics cause 5% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fast Fashion: The fashion industry causes 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Food: Our food systems produce 34% of all man-made greenhouse gas emissions.